As a modern-day homeowner, you would most likely invest in worksurfaces that are stylish, functional, durable, and fuss-free. Quartz is a hybrid engineered stone that ranks high on all these fronts. Amongst globally popular quartz worktop variants, Compac Worktops are hailed for their exceptional quality, visual allure, and longevity. Available in varying shades and designs, several Compac quartz varieties like Compac Carrara and Compac Unique Arabescato are customised to resemble premium Italian marble.
What sets Compac Worktops apart from other Quartz Worktops?
Introduced by Italian manufacturer Breton S.p.A in the early 1960s, quartz worktops quickly became popular across the UK. For both kitchen and bathroom countertops, the sheer convenience, hygiene, and aesthetic have made them bestsellers. So, what sets Compact worktops apart from other brands of engineered quartz? Here’s a fascinating look at these revolutionary worksurfaces:-
- Unique Composition– Compac quartz is manufactured from technological quartz. This is a combination of 93-95% ultra-pure mineral quartz and 5-7% polymer agglomerate for binding. Depending on the type, the agglomerate can be natural resin or high-grade polyester. Colouring pigments constitute 1% of this hybrid worktop material.
- Incredible Toughness and Resilience– Since quartz is the 4th hardest mineral on earth, the presence of such a high percentage of quartz makes Compac worktops extremely hard, durable, and resistant to staining, scratching, and heating. Generic quartz worktops are composed of only 80 to 90% mineral quartz, affecting the worksurfaces’ toughness and resilience.
- Alluring Visuals– The visual options available for Compac quartz are far higher than other quartz brands. You can choose from more than 70 different colours, including white, black, grey, beige, pink, green, blue, purple, and more. As far as designs are concerned, you can take your pick from concrete, fine grain, mirror chips, speckles, veins, and solids. Honed, matte and polished finishes are available for these state-of-the-art worktops.
- Stunning Marble-Effect– When you approach any reputable stone worktop supplier in the UK, you will come across several highly captivating marble-effect finishes in Compac quartz. Currently, the marble-effect Compac worktops in vogue include Compac Carrara, Compac Emperador, Compac Unique Arabescato, Compac Coralito, and Compac Calacatta.
- Global Presence– Spanish Brand Compac Surfaces has been selling Compac worktops since 1975. Across 50 countries worldwide, these premium worktops are the top choice of interior designers and homeowners alike. These cutting-edge countertops suit sophisticated contemporary kitchens and vintage, coastal, rustic, and minimalistic kitchen themes.
- Long Manufacturer’s Warranty- Compac worktops have a longstanding manufacturer’s warranty period of 33 years. This applies from the date of installation and covers all potential manufacturing defects and normal wear and tear. Please note that this doesn’t cover any damage caused by negligent usage. So far, this is the most extended warranty period offered for any worktop, natural or engineered. This has instilled all the more confidence in UK-based homeowners to invest in these premium worktops.
5 Reasons to Invest in Compac Worktops for Your UK Home
As per a leading UK-based stone worktop supplier, the demand for Compac quartz countertops has increased by 10-15% in the last year. Simultaneously, the market valuation is expected to increase by 33% in 2026. The USPs of this premium quartz brand have already been discussed above. Here are five more reasons to install Compac quartz worktops in your new or renovated kitchens and bathrooms:-
- Resilient and Long-lasting– Given the sizeable cost of any branded kitchen or bathroom worktop, you would expect them to last for at least one to two decades. Compac quartz is extremely tough, non-reactive, and impervious to stains, scratches, dents, and cracks. With suitable care, these will easily last for a lifetime and ensure you don’t have to worry about countertop repairs or replacement.
- Convenient– With Compac worktops, you don’t have to worry about wiping spills immediately or keeping acidic beverages away. Unlike natural stones that need to be sealed every year or two, Compac quartz doesn’t require sealing. Any mild cleaning agent can be used for cleaning these worktops. All you require is a clean cloth and some warm water.
- Non-Porous and Hygienic– Compac worktops are highly impervious to moisture, odours, and spills. Being non-porous, the probability of harbouring harmful microbes is zero.
- Attractive and Versatile– No matter what design, colour, and theme of kitchen/bathroom interiors you have, there is a Compac quartz variant to suit every possible taste.
- Sustainable– In contrast to the high carbon impact of quarrying marble and granite, quartz worktops are a sustainable option.
For decades, UK-based homeowners have been charmed by the unparalleled decadence of marble and the impressive resilience of granite. But our fast-paced lifestyles today hardly leave any time or energy to devote to the dedicated maintenance of these natural surfaces. An exceptional feat of modern-day engineering, Compac quartz combines marble’s beauty with granite’s durability. Most importantly, these worktops are extremely easy to care for, maintaining their original sheen after years of prolonged use. If you plan to renovate your kitchen/bathroom or build a new property, Compac worktops would be a smart choice.