Custom embroidered patches are becoming more common with each passing day. Many brands, organizations, or even individuals get amazing opportunities to represent themselves properly. These fancy appliques can be used for a lot of purposes, including being used as collectables, promotional purposes, uniform patches, and much more. These versatile artworks are a great way to creatively showcase your brand’s message.
Designing these custom patches is a fun process, but, if you don’t know the right steps, it can be difficult too. This is why, it is extremely important to know the do’s and don’ts of creating custom embroidered patches. Below we have shed light on some crucial things to consider to help you create an artwork that not only meets but exceeds your expectations.
Do’s And Don’ts Of Custom Embroidered Patches
4 Do’s Of Custom Embroidered Patches:
Below we have shed light on some important tips that you must implement while crafting your custom artwork to ensure top-notch quality and maximum satisfaction.
- Choose the Right Size and Shape:
Choosing the right size and shape for your custom Embroidery Patches is going to make all the difference. If you want your patch to be more noticeable then choose a large design that has an eye-catching shape to make the heads turn.
To avoid making your artwork look out of proportion, we suggest you consider how it will look when scaled, and keep in mind the available space too. Larger patches not only reduce the aesthetic appeal of the patch, but, they also add to the production costs. So, keep your options open and only select the best size.
- Pick The Right Thread:
The treads come in unlimited colours and textures. Make sure to opt for the one that matches your requirements the best. Below we have shed light on the factors to consider when choosing the right thread for your artwork.
- Quality Of The Thread: When picking the threads, make sure to check their quality. Do not buy threads that bleed colour. Or else your patch will be ruined right after its first wash.
- Use Contrasting Colours: Make your design more appealing by using the right colours of threads. Imagine how nice a hot pink patch will look on your navy blue denim jacket. If you want your fancy applique to stand out more, then you can always use metallic threads such as gold or metallic.
- Choose Quality Materials:
The quality of the items used to tailor your patch matters a lot. It holds the power of making or breaking the final result of your artwork. No matter whether you choose polyester, cotton, or any other fabric, just make sure that it is of top-notch quality. The quality of products also adds to the durability of your patch.
- Choose Appropriate Packing:
When tailoring your custom patches, make sure that you keep the fabric on which you want to attach them, in mind. If you want to add them to leather apparel, then sew-on packing is your best bet.
Read on below as we have briefly discussed some of the patch-packing options that you must consider while ordering a fancy applique from the online Canada Patches stores.
- Velcro Packing: This packaging allows the patch to be applied and re-applied very easily. One side of Velcro is sewn on the back of the artwork, while the other is attached to the fabric. This allows the wearers to remove them before washing their garments, as a consequence the life span of these appliques increases.
- Heat Seal Packing: It is the most common type of patch-packing option. The heat-activated appliques are attached to the fabric by pressing with an iron for 15 to 20 seconds. However, these types are strictly advised not to be used on nylon or other synthetic clothes.
- Adhesive Packing: This type of packaging makes your patch a cloth sticker. Just peel the paper from the back of your applique and apply it to your garment. How easy! However, they do not withstand washing, so only invest in them if you want to apply a patch for a limited time.
4 Don’ts Of Custom Embroidered Patches:
Now that we are familiar with the dos of crafting these fancy appliques, why not get acquainted with the major errors that many craftsmen commit? Read on as we have discussed some don’ts of custom embroidered appliques in detail.
- Overlook The Details:
It is vital to pay equal attention to the tiniest details when crafting a custom embroidered patch. Ensure that your design is easy to understand, and the colour palette is vibrant. Focus on the stitching to make sure that every stitch is secured and neat.
Don’t overlook even the smallest of the details, as they might impact your end result badly. Even the fabric, type of packaging, and size can make a huge difference in your artwork’s final look a lot.
- Choose A Complicated Design:
If your patch is small, then choosing a complicated design is only going to make it look like a Piccadilly Circus. And obviously, opting for a larger size is a big no-no for all the aesthetic reasons. So, what can be done to prevent your patch from looking cluttered and disproportionate?
The key is to choose bold designs and ditch the intricate details. Select a simple design that delivers impact efficiently. However, if you still want to have high details on your patch, then we recommend you go for a printed applique instead of an embroidered one.
- Forget To Test Your Patch:
Keep in mind to test your artwork when you are committed to a huge order of custom patches. Make sure to check the design, thread, as well as fabric to ensure maximum satisfaction with the end result.
- Ignoring The Purpose of the Patch:
Another blunder that a lot of people make when designing their artworks is to overlook the function of their fancy appliques. The planned usage of these masterpieces must determine the materials and designs used to craft them.
For instance, if you want to add a patch to your travel gear, then it would be more appropriate to add appliques that radiate touristy vibes and are inspired by famous landmarks. Moreover, for sports teams, these patches must include a mascot or your team’s logo instead of a cartoon character. Got the point?
Summing It All Up:
By keeping in mind the above-discussed list of do’s and don’ts, you can make sure that your fancy appliques are a work of art. Take pride in displaying them for many years to come. After all, we know one thing for sure, and that is that the trend of these custom patches is not going to budge for a long time. And who are we to complain? We absolutely love this trend of personalizing our garments and accessories in the most fun and unique way possible.
For More Blog Visit Heronproductions