In case you have been using the Netgear Orbi device for quite some time now after setting it up using the Orbi app you would be happy with its performance, which is at least what we are assuming. In case our assumption is true, then there is nothing to worry about. But, in case it is not, then we are glad that you found this article while browsing the web. So, which issue are you facing with your Orbi? Is it that Orbi keeps going offline? Yes? Well then, you should not waste any more time and straightaway get down to the solutions given further.
How to Stop Netgear Orbi Router from Going Offline?
1. Power Cycle the Entire Network
Let us start with the basics, shall we? Rebooting or power cycling just the Orbi router has proved to be fatal instead of an upgrade for several users. Reviewing this, we would like to tell you to power cycle the entire network. This will surely help you out.
Here are the guidelines that should be read by you to execute the same process:
- Turn off the router, modem, as well as the computer.
- Disconnect all the cables which are connected to all these devices.
- Wait for some time, to be precise, 5 minutes.
- Turn on the router, computer, and the modem.
- Connect all the cables that you unplugged earlier.
It is recommended that you turn on the devices in the same order as you turned them off. This will ensure that the power cycling process gets completed smoothly. Otherwise, you will not be able to resolve the issue at hand.
2. Relocate the Netgear Orbi Devices
Another reason why you have become a victim of the Orbi keeps going offline issue is the improper location of your networking device. An improper location means that it is sharing space with devices that are not good for the signals of your Orbi.
Some examples of such devices have been mentioned here:
- Bluetooth speakers, cordless phones, baby monitors, televisions (Electronic devices)
- Washing machines, microwaves, treadmills, refrigerators (Transmitting appliances)
- Mirrors, fish tanks (Reflexive surfaces)
- Aluminum studs (Metal objects)
To eliminate the Orbi keeps going offline issue once and for all, you need to change the location of the router. Along with the examples given above, keep the router away from concrete walls as they can completely stop the signals of your device from transmitting.
3. Reset the Netgear Orbi Device
In case none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips help you to resolve the Orbi keeps going offline issue, then you are left with no other option than to reset or restore the networking device to its factory mode. Wondering how to reset Orbi router?
To reset your device, you need to follow these instructions:
- Locate the reset button on the Orbi router and then press it.
- You must use an oil pin for this purpose.
- Also, waiting for more than 30 seconds is required.
As soon as you are done resetting your networking device, you need to set it up from scratch. Once done, update its firmware. Doing Orbi firmware update will ensure that you do not face more technical issues in the future.
These were the tips through which that Netgear Orbi router keeps going offline issue can be ended. In case you are still experiencing the same issue, then there is nothing better than striking up a conversation with your fellow readers via the comment section. One of them will surely be able to help you to resolve the issue that you are experiencing with your networking device. You can trust us on that.