The beauty and personal care industry is shifting more towards the production of health-conscious and environment-friendly products. Traditionally, people were unaware of Benzene. The presence of benzene in hair products may cause irritation to the scalp.
Ginger King, the cosmetic chemist and founder of Fanlovebeauty added “benzene is an impurity in the petroleum that’s found in aerosol cans”.
Nevertheless, one such product that has gained popularity is dry shampoo without benzene. Dry shampoos are used to refresh hair between washes, for absorption of access oil, and to add volume. However, Shampoos have become a staple for people with busy lifestyles.
In this article, one can discover 7 best benzene free dry shampoo.
Benzene in Dry Shampoos: Understanding Concerns
Mostly, people are unaware of what Benzene in dry shampoos is. Benzene is a chemical compound. This compound is mostly found in gasoline, tobacco smoke, and some industrial processes. Benzene is classified as a human carcinogen by several health organizations like the World Health Organization and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
More often, studies reveal that extended exposure to benzene can lead to the risk of certain cancers, like leukemia and lymphoma. Its presence in dry shampoos may cause severe health issues.
7 Benzene-Free Dry Shampoos for Healthier Hair
- Hair Co-Wash: Geologie’s Hair Co-Wash is a low-foam hair wash. It is available in two different one-step formulas. Hair Co-Wash includes ingredients like cooling tea tree, menthol, aloe, squalane, and vitamin B5. It can be used twice a week in order to reduce wash days. This is applicable for individuals with thicker, and curly hair.
- GRO Dry Shampoo: Vegamour GRO Dry Shampoo is formulated without benzene. This shampoo is 1005 vegan, cruelty-free, and includes natural ingredients like rice starch which provides an oil-free finish. One Vegamour user added that this shampoo works well and doesn’t feel heavy at all. Also, this doesn’t leave a residue or build-up on hairs or scalp.
- ACURE Dry Shampoo: ACURE Dry Shampoo is undoubtedly safe and gentle on all hair types. This dry shampoo not only absorbs oil but also provides a pleasant fragrance, which makes it a great choice for a quick hair pick-me-up. Moreover, this shampoo leaves little to no build-up on hair.
- Plant-Based Dry Shampoo: Act+Acre’s plant-based dry shampoo includes clean ingredients without benzene. There is no scent which makes it perfect for cleansing and volumizing hair. One of the users wrote, “This is the first dry shampoo that does not make my scalp feel itchy— or turn into a scaly rash”.
- Floof Dry Shampoo: Billie Floof Dry Shampoo is a non-aerosol dry shampoo powder. The powder contains biotin, baking soda, and rice starch to deliver volume and an oil-free look. It blends in hair so well.
- Prêt-à-Powder Dry Shampoo Powder: Bumble and Bumble’s Prêt-à-Powder Dry Shampoo Powder adds volume and texture to hair. It cleanses roots effectively and offers a hassle-free application. This dry shampoo is formulated for fine to thick density, straight to wavy texture, and healthy or color-treated hair types.
- Eva NYC Freshen Up Invisible Dry Shampoo: Eva NYC is a perfect choice for individuals with busy schedules. Consequently, it helps them to keep their hair fresh for longer. Like any other dry shampoo, it absorbs oil and odor.
Nowadays, consumers are becoming conscious of ingredients utilized in dry chemicals. People are becoming aware of benzene chemicals and their after-effects on their health. They demand safer and healthier alternatives for their personal care products like shampoos.
Fortunately, a variety of benzene-free options are available, 7 of them are noted above. Each of them offers different benefits for varied hair types. So, make informed choices and enjoy the convenience of dry shampoos.